Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Are the pedals too light for anyone else?

Reactions
City
Merrimack
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Got 5, Running a Prado, Sold the GR
As the title states anyone else find the pedals too light? I asked at the dealership if it would be possible to stiffen the accelerator pedal but the tech and service guy I asked looked at me like I had two heads. I feel like I cant be the only person that finds the accelerator/clutch/brake pedal to be too light.

Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
The pedals seem on par with my previous Focus ST.

The pedal itself looks like a contained unit so making it stiffer will require some disassembly and replacing the spring inside.

s-l1600.jpg s-l16002.jpg s-l16003.jpg s-l16004.jpg s-l16005.jpg

Reactions
City
Merrimack
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ugh, looks non-serviceable and like itll be a torsion spring too... If I open it maybe I could get away with adding a wind to it.

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
GR Corolla Circuit Edition (#890)
I think it might be light but the combo of it being lower than brake pedal + shape, isn't great either. Once I installed the Cusco Pedal, it improved noticeably for me.

Reactions
City
Merrimack
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think it might be light but the combo of it being lower than brake pedal + shape, isn't great either. Once I installed the Cusco Pedal, it improved noticeably for me.
Mmmmm, its hard to explain but I dont have an issue with its location, my UAZ is far worse for difference in pedal heights, the issue is more I cant tell when Im pushing on it. While the clutch is light in the sense that it doesnt take much effort to push on compared to my other manuals, the brake is light in that the response of pushing on it is very soft and gradual, the accelerator is more an issue of I just cant feel it. Its like moving your foot in space and then engine increases or decreases RPM. The clutch and brake have resistance, I can feel them through my boot on my foot, the accelerator just has so little resistance its as if it doesn't exist at all. Its just rather weird that, to me, any of my other vehicles have a better pedal feel than a brand new performance orientated car. And annoyingly there isnt a obvious way to improve it, not like I can take out 2 bolts and put in an improved one such as my Sambar, or add a secondary return spring as they did in the UAZ.