Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Jumping Onto The Hype Train From MN!

Reactions
City
Lakeville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Toyota Supra, 2016 Subaru WRX
Good Day All!

Really hyped for this car. Expectations were shattered.

Currently in a '21 Supra 3.0 Premium and daily'ing a '16 WRX Premium. Been looking to replace the daily driver and was hoping for a new generation of STI or even a Golf R but have been kind of lukewarm on the Golf R and disappointed in the STI being killed off. Wouldn't have minded getting into the new WRX but damn that thing was a not what I was hoping for. An extra 3 HP and horrible looks. What would have been the point in "upgrading"? Thankfully Toyota announced the GR Corolla and I've been pining to get back into a hatchback for the longest time. If the numbers are correct then I guaran-damn-tee that I will be driving this thing off the dealer lot.

I had only expected the same HP from the GR Yaris (~260HP) in a revised front bumper and AWD. When they revealed the widebody + 300 HP I was sold. Circuit Pack or BUST. Gotta have dat hood y'all.

With that being said, what's everyone's situation and why are you interested in a GR Corolla? Are you here just to live vicariously through others? Are you looking to build a track weapon? I'd be interested to know.

First possible mods? Probably just an exhaust for more loud and possibly tint. I usually don't mod my cars too heavily and mostly just do minor QoL changes and some small aesthetic changes to make it mine. What are you guys'/gals' thoughts?

Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Hey welcome man, like you I was waiting on the new STi too, so sad when they decided to kill it off. The Golf R is really boring and the Civic R lacks my preferred AWD feature.

For me this will mainly serve as a commuter to replace my aging Focus ST.

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
I've looked at the new S3, Golf R and even considered the Kona N. So far the GR Corolla checks off everything on my wish list. I'm probably going to keep it mostly stock, with some subtle mods and a tune.