Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

New Member From GA

1911Guru

Reactions
City
Dublin
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Hey guys, I've been lurking on the forum for a bit now while waiting on my GR to come in, so now that it is here I figured I would join! I'll apologize in advance for the long first post as I'll include the story of getting my car here as well.

Back in early 2022 I was in the market for a commuter car, and as a lifelong Toyota fan the Corolla was on my short list. I was entertaining a Subaru Impreza as my sister had bought one and I drove it cross country for her when she moved to take a job. I was impressed by the Subaru, and better yet I could get it in a manual! Local Subaru dealer told me I could have a car custom ordered in about 3 weeks, while local Toyota dealer couldn't guarantee me a Corolla at all, much less a manual in any time frame. I put a deposit down and ordered the Impreza, and THE NEXT DAY Toyota announced the GR Corolla.

I knew it would be a while before the cars would ship and all, but I was just ecstatic that we were getting something in the US as I have been drooling over the GR Yaris since it came out. I bought my Subaru and just drove it while I waited. In the mean time I called dealers from GA to Cali trying to put down a deposit with no luck. When the Toyota US website started showing dealers get allocations for the cars I started my rounds of calling again to the dealers that were getting cars, and I finally was able to get a deposit down on a Core in early December with a Toyota dealer in Missouri. Upon placing the deposit I sold the Impreza to Carvana who offered me more money than what I paid for the car (only $500, but hey when does that happen?).

She is a supersonic red with: performance package, cold weather package, tech package, and some interior goodies (shift knob, sill protectors, and all weather mats). I took delivery on January 28th and drove her the almost 600 miles back home. I did a "break in" oil change they day after I got her home, and it has been smooth sailing since then.

She is my commuter car and I drive about 90 miles round trip every day, so it isn't taking me long to accumulate some mileage. As a long time Toyota owner with many vehicles in my personal fleet as well as the extended family fleet that have hit 300k+ miles with little to no issue I hope the GR will share a little of that DNA. When the Supra came out I almost got excited until I heard it was a BMW collaboration, and the same with the 86/Subaru. The fact the the GRC is 100% Toyota is what really sold me.

As for myself I'm just a GA born guy that works/teaches in the HVAC field who likes cars and working on most anything mechanical.

So all that said, I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to what the community does with this car!

P.S. After a ride in mine, my father went out and bought his own GRC. My love for vehicles no doubt was inherited from him, but he is more an old school American muscle kind of guy. When I took him for a pull and he saw you could get 25+ MPG he was sold haha!

CW

JDMJulie

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla CORE
Welcome