Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Welcome to the GR Corolla Forum, please post an introduction

Red Ryder

Reactions
City
Jonesboro
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tesla Model 3 / GR Corolla Core
Hi,

I have been following this forum since early last year when I was trying to track down a GR Corolla Circuit Edition here in Ontario Canada. I finally got my hands on one in late May of 2023. I really enjoyed it last summer and I can't wait to take it out of the garage again once winter has past.
I have always been a fan of the "Hot Hatch" market and there performance capabilities. I am really impressed!!
Welcome!

XIIGR

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hi,

I have been following this forum since early last year when I was trying to track down a GR Corolla Circuit Edition here in Ontario Canada. I finally got my hands on one in late May of 2023. I really enjoyed it last summer and I can't wait to take it out of the garage again once winter has past.
I have always been a fan of the "Hot Hatch" market and there performance capabilities. I am really impressed!!
Love your garage setup, congrats and welcome aboard.

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Hey there!
Name is Vic and have a 23' GR Corolla. Work in the off-road industry on the suspension side...I've had many, many Toyota trucks but knew I had to get the GR Corolla. I'm a Toyota guy 100%.
Hope I'm able to contribute to this awesome forum. Thanks!

Reactions
City
Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Corolla Hot hatch
Hey there!
Name is Vic and have a 23' GR Corolla. Work in the off-road industry on the suspension side...I've had many, many Toyota trucks but knew I had to get the GR Corolla. I'm a Toyota guy 100%.
Welcome! Great to have you here.

Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Hey there!

Welcome Vic

Dave

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
City
St Cloud
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 GR Corolla
Have had the GR Core for a couple weeks and I love it! The handling, the sound, and the fun level are everything I was looking for. Can’t wait to autocross it! IMG_1428.jpeg

XIIGR

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard Dave.

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla

Dave

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
City
St Cloud
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
23 GR Corolla
Have had the GR Core for a couple weeks and I love it! The handling, the sound, and the fun level are everything I was looking for. Can’t wait to autocross it! View attachment 1455
Well, I found a decent deal on a CE, and had to drive it. Not sure if it translates directly to actual performance or not, but I liked the feel so much that I ended up upgrading today. My bank account took a hit, but I love this thing…

Attachments

XIIGR

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Well, I found a decent deal on a CE, and had to drive it. Not sure if it translates directly to actual performance or not, but I liked the feel so much that I ended up upgrading today. My bank account took a hit, but I love this thing…
Nice find.

Reactions
City
Monterey
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Volvo v90 Cross Country T6
Hello GR Club!

I'm currently in the market for a Circuit edition that will serve as both my daily driver and occasional weekend track toy. With a background as a previously certified Mazda tech and over 20 years of experience building JDM vehicles with authentic parts (including a '94 FD, '74 RX4, '04 RX8, '12 Speed3 and most recently a '09 RX8), coupled with approximately 15+ years of track experience, I'm no stranger to performance-oriented vehicles. In contemplating what could be an ideal "dad car" for me, the Circuit edition emerged as the obvious choice. Given how much I've enjoyed the practicality my mazda hot hatch, it didn't take much persuasion to justify this purchase.

Little about me:
During my twenties, I worked at a karting track alongside individuals who have since transitioned into professional racing careers (like IMSA pro + others). Over the past decade, I've actively participated in track events, typically competing in the open class. Few years ago, my wife, our two 50+ pound dogs and I would load my Speed3 to the brim with a 10'x10' tent, a couple of lawn chairs, jack, tools, cooler, and more for what I used to call our "vacation track days." Then, after a full day of fun, we'd pack it all up and blow a few people's minds. I do admit that it is a little bittersweet coming to the conclusion of letting go of my old toys, but becoming a father has been an incredibly fulfilling experience and suppose that's just how life unfolds sometimes. Those were some unforgettable times and I hope that when my son is old enough we can all go out and enjoy similar adventures together.

ps- upon purchase I will immediately begin a 'build thread' primarily focused on suspension and chassis upgrades. I already own a set of ADVAN 18x9.5 +22 RS-DF's that I've put aside for track wheels. Really excited about acquiring a new vehicle!

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Hello GR Club!

I'm currently in the market for a Circuit edition that will serve as both my daily driver and occasional weekend track toy. With a background as a previously certified Mazda tech and over 20 years of experience building JDM vehicles with authentic parts (including a '94 FD, '74 RX4, '04 RX8, '12 Speed3 and most recently a '09 RX8), coupled with approximately 15+ years of track experience, I'm no stranger to performance-oriented vehicles. In contemplating what could be an ideal "dad car" for me, the Circuit edition emerged as the obvious choice. Given how much I've enjoyed the practicality my mazda hot hatch, it didn't take much persuasion to justify this purchase.

Little about me:
During my twenties, I worked at a karting track alongside individuals who have since transitioned into professional racing careers (like IMSA pro + others). Over the past decade, I've actively participated in track events, typically competing in the open class. Few years ago, my wife, our two 50+ pound dogs and I would load my Speed3 to the brim with a 10'x10' tent, a couple of lawn chairs, jack, tools, cooler, and more for what I used to call our "vacation track days." Then, after a full day of fun, we'd pack it all up and blow a few people's minds. I do admit that it is a little bittersweet coming to the conclusion of letting go of my old toys, but becoming a father has been an incredibly fulfilling experience and suppose that's just how life unfolds sometimes. Those were some unforgettable times and I hope that when my son is old enough we can all go out and enjoy similar adventures together.

ps- upon purchase I will immediately begin a 'build thread' primarily focused on suspension and chassis upgrades. I already own a set of ADVAN 18x9.5 +22 RS-DF's that I've put aside for track wheels. Really excited about acquiring a new vehicle!

Thanks for looking!
Congrats! Post up some pics.