Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

GR Corolla reliable and equivalent to SRT-4 with Stage 3+Toys, full coil over suspension.

Reactions
City
Rio Vista
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2003 SRT-4
Well, my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 is getting a little long in the tooth at 130K miles.
It's been a great car doing 13.4 at the strip and still totally relable riding to Yellowstone (1100 miles each way).
Getting 28MPG at 85MPH (bigger turbo Stage 3 gets better MPG due to less exhaust gasw restriction).
I always stuck with Mopar mods because Dodge rigorously tested them, unlike many aftermarkey offerings.

I've been looking at the GR Corolla.
The prices seem OK (RMD kicking in next year).
Assuming Dealer Markup can be tamed down if not eliminated.
I don't want an automatic (if they even have them) and I'm not a racer.

How is the GR Corolla for reliability, comfort on a long trip, maintenance costs, MPG etc.

Now for the important part - are there any performance or handling mods available yet and if so what kinds of gains/benefits?

Thanks.

ps this is my SRT-4 in 2016 and it still looks the same (gave up modding in 2005):

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
Corolla Hot hatch
Well, my 2003 Dodge SRT-4 is getting a little long in the tooth at 130K miles.
It's been a great car doing 13.4 at the strip and still totally relable riding to Yellowstone (1100 miles each way).
Getting 28MPG at 85MPH (bigger turbo Stage 3 gets better MPG due to less exhaust gasw restriction).
I always stuck with Mopar mods because Dodge rigorously tested them, unlike many aftermarkey offerings.

I've been looking at the GR Corolla.
The prices seem OK (RMD kicking in next year).
Assuming Dealer Markup can be tamed down if not eliminated.
I don't want an automatic (if they even have them) and I'm not a racer.

How is the GR Corolla for reliability, comfort on a long trip, maintenance costs, MPG etc.

Now for the important part - are there any performance or handling mods available yet and if so what kinds of gains/benefits?

Thanks.

ps this is my SRT-4 in 2016 and it still looks the same (gave up modding in 2005):

Welcome! Plenty of performance mods out there already, problem is they're not cheap. Comfort wise it's very comfortable, my only complaint is the lack of fuel range. I get about 220-240 miles per tank.

Reactions
City
San Jose
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Sweet looking SRT, still one of my favorites. As far as comfort and reliability you can’t beat Toyota. I have about 5k miles so far and 0 problems. I commute 3 days a week about 50 miles round trip and its very comfortable driving even in heavy traffic. You should find some dealers by now that are selling very close or even at MSRP.

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Welcome to the forums! I don't think you'll have to worry about aftermarket parts; it's more about keeping your wallet happy, lol.

Reactions
City
Ormond Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Welcome! Depending on the trim, you can get more Core's at MSRP.