Welcome to the #1 Toyota GR Corolla Forum and GR Corolla community dedicated to GR Corolla owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the GR Corolla Forum today!

Heavy Metal Circuit Ready to Hit the Canyons!

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
GR Corolla Circuit Edition (#890)
After a week of driving this little commuter around, it's been a blast to whip it around corners. Maybe the best thing is you don't have to go "fast" to feel like you're having fun.

Just installed full front PPF and rear fender flares. Used Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF this time around, and first impressions are positive. Glossiness is high, and it's pretty invisible like you'd expect.
PPF GR.jpg

XIIGR

Staff Team
Reactions
City
Glendale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Looks great, did you do the rocker panels too?

SUPERSONIC RED GRC

Military Veteran
Reactions
City
Rocky Mountains
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Toyota GR Corolla
After a week of driving this little commuter around, it's been a blast to whip it around corners. Maybe the best thing is you don't have to go "fast" to feel like you're having fun.

Just installed full front PPF and rear fender flares. Used Ceramic Pro Kavaca PPF this time around, and first impressions are positive. Glossiness is high, and it's pretty invisible like you'd expect.
View attachment 1246
Doing the same on the 6th of September. We are including the top windshield, halfway up the sides and the rocker panels also. Learned our lesson many cars ago, spend the money on the PPF.👍🇺🇸

GRRS

Reactions
City
Austin
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla CE
Curious what did they charge you for the PPF?

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Doing the same on the 6th of September. We are including the top windshield, halfway up the sides and the rocker panels also. Learned our lesson many cars ago, spend the money on the PPF.👍🇺🇸
If you haven't, get those Megachip rockguards, they look great and work wonders.
https://megachipusa.com/products/toyota-gr-corolla

Couldn't agree more on PPF, yes it's pricey, but it ultimately protects the value of the car and adds to the enjoyment of ownership.

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looks great, did you do the rocker panels too?
Didn't do rockers as I have Megachip rockguards and that should do the trick. If not, maybe I'll do them later but everything I've heard from others they work as advertised.

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Fiesta ST want GR Corolla
Looks good ya I looked at a Heavy Metal at Toyota of Hollywood but walked after the test drive because the sales manager was trying to get a 15k markup. Congrats on MSRP! I am now on two allocation lists . One down here and one in the bay. I am seriously now considering waiting for a 24 Blue Flame Circuit. The color is dope.

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Looks good ya I looked at a Heavy Metal at Toyota of Hollywood but walked after the test drive because the sales manager was trying to get a 15k markup. Congrats on MSRP! I am now on two allocation lists . One down here and one in the bay. I am seriously now considering waiting for a 24 Blue Flame Circuit. The color is dope.
Thanks, good for you walking away, $15k is total abuse. Toyota Hollywood is the worst anyhow, you're better off not dealing with those guys. GR is great but definitely not at $60k! I was going to get a CTR but every dealer wanted over $15k mark-up, just ridiculous.

RaginCajun

Reactions
City
Lafayette
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'23 GR Corolla

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Do you have pics of the rockguards installed?
Yep, but got to say they hiked up the price from when I bought it. They're now $150 vs. $105. The install is the easiet from the options, no hardware added, just OEM snap clips, 1x bolt liner, and the 3M on them already.

IMG_5404.jpg IMG_5410.PNG

Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States

RaginCajun

Reactions
City
Lafayette
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'23 GR Corolla

gazooing

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Spent Labor Day with a perfect drive in the mountains @ Angeles Crest Highway and Big Tujunga Canyon. The GR was at full song and fizz, eggin' me to go faster in and faster out of every corner as much as my mind would allow. So fun! That meaty torque band in 3rd/4th gears between 3-6k rpms, driving ikigai.

Megachip Guards did their job! for those hesitating to slap them on.

IMG_5484.jpg
IMG_5500.jpg

driftfreaq

Reactions
City
Los Angeles
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Fiesta ST want GR Corolla
We should go for a drive I would love to run my FiST with it. Till I get my GRC Then we could run GRC’s

Reactions
City
Amherst
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 GR Corolla
Spent Labor Day with a perfect drive in the mountains @ Angeles Crest Highway and Big Tujunga Canyon. The GR was at full song and fizz, eggin' me to go faster in and faster out of every corner as much as my mind would allow. So fun! That meaty torque band in 3rd/4th gears between 3-6k rpms, driving ikigai.

Megachip Guards did their job! for those hesitating to slap them on.

View attachment 1272
View attachment 1275
Loving the scenery